Schoolchildren: be alert, attentive and visible!
As a parent, you have a significant role to play in your children’s safety, both inside and outside the school bus. You need to remind them the following code of conduct regularly.
Safety rules for schoolchildren
- I get to the bus stop ahead of time to avoid running.
- I wait for the bus in line without shoving others.
- I wait until the bus is at a standstill before moving closer.
- I get in the bus in line and I hold on to the handrail.
- I go over to my seat and sit down immediately.
- I do not put items in the aisle.I do not distract the driver.
- I leave my items in my bag.I keep my arms and head inside the bus at all times.
- I remain seated during the entire trip until the bus comes to a complete stop.
- I walk a safe distance from the bus as soon as I get off and I keep away from the wheels.
- I count ten steps when I get off the bus before passing in front of it.
- I make sure that the bus driver has seen me before passing in front of the bus.
- I look at my left, my right, then my left again before crossing the road.
- I wait for the driver's instructions when I drop something under the bus. If it is not possible to talk to the driver, I wait until the bus has driven away before picking up the object.
- I never go behind the school bus.